The pod is nearing completion at last - I seem to have been working on this for ever! Now there's just the polishing. I say just, but it's very fiddly with lots of indentations and grooves that have to be polished with Wet & Dry paper, then a little T-Cut until it's finally ready for its waxing. Quite a bit of work still to be done - all those white bits in the grooves have to be polished away.
I've just started working on a head using a very small piece of English alabaster - a lovely gingery colour with brown swirls which looks lovely when polished. The head is in a very early stage and looks pretty awful at the moment, but hopefully will improve - heads are not my best subject, but I live in hope!
I started writing this blog in December 2016, but it covers projects started in spring 2015 onwards, so it was written retrospectively until I caught up with the current term.